There are several ways to request copies of records retained by the Circuit Court (documents may not be emailed or faxed):
In person at the Clerk's Office weekdays from 8:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Money order
- Visa/Mastercard (with a 4% surcharge)
- Pre-approved checks (must have phone number included; out of state checks or starter checks will not be accepted)
Please provide as much information as possible in order to assist in researching your request. Please use the records request form to assist in obtaining your documents. Please include a self-addressed postage paid envelope for the return of your request.
Mail all requests to:
Tiffany M. Couch
Clerk, Montgomery County Circuit Court
55 East Main St., Suite 1
Christiansburg, VA 24073
- Copies are 50 cents per page
- Copies with certification are 50 cents per page with an additional $2 per document
- For out of state copies that require triple seal certification, the fee is 50 cents per page with an additional $6 per document