The Montgomery County Dept. of Social Services announces its August Hiring Event and Resource Fair. The event takes place on Tuesday, Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at 210 S. Pepper Street in Christiansburg.
Participating employers include:
- Federal Mogul - Hiring full time production positions starting at $18.29 per hour. They are hiring for primarily for 2nd and 3rd shifts with a full benefits package including: vacation pay, health insurance, HAS account, dental, vision, and 401k company contributions and match.
- Carilion Clinic - Hiring medical and non-medical positions, both full and part time, starting at $10.00-$12.00 per hour for all shifts with full time employees receiving benefits.
- Grupo Phoenix (aka Phoenix Packaging) - Seeking to hire full time entry level Operator in Training positions and forklift operator positions with at least 2 years experience. Positions available on both day ($13.00 per hour) and night ($14.25 per hour) shifts. Full medical, dental, and vision after 60 days of employment with a free health care option. They are also offering a $1000 signing bonus after 6 months of employment. $100 per month retention bonus every month after.
- Virginia Tech Dining Services - Looking to fill 200 salaried (full time) and wage (part time - 1500 hours) positions of all different skill levels. Salary positions start at $12.00 per hour with skill-heavy positions, including cooks that can start between $13.00-$15.00 per hour for some of our more skill-heavy positions, including cooks. Wage (entry level) positions start at $11.00 per hour. Salary employees are able to gain VT benefits. Wage employees can also gain Hokie Perks, such as use of War Memorial Gym, free bus transportation, and library resources on campus, in addition to other items. During “downtime” when students are not fully on-campus, VT Dining Services is able to facilitate professional development training weeks and allow for vacation/time-off.
- Ames Textiles - Hiring full time Machine Operator positions starting at $10.00 per hour. They also offer: Flexible Work Schedules, Competitive Rates, Social Activities, Employee Appreciation Day, Attendance Bonuses, Clothes/Shoe Allotment, Birthday Lunch, Personal Food Allotment, 4 Paid PTO Days, Thanksgiving Turkey, Paid Vacation, AFLAC offered at a group rate, and Christmas bonuses.
- Town of Christiansburg Public Works - Seeking to hire several positions Utility Maintenance Workers ($25,043-$29,556); Pump Station Maintenance Technician ($34,091-$40,227); Truck Drivers ($27,643-$32,614); Crew Leaders ($35,380-$41,766); Equipment Operator I ($27,643-$32,614), Traffic Signal Maintenance Supervisor ($40,560-$47-860); Street Crew Supervisor ($40,560-$47,860); WWTF Operations Supervisor ($48,651-$56,222); Traffic Control Technician Trainee ($28,932-$34,132). Benefits available for all listed positions.
- NAPA Truck & Auto Parts - Hiring full and part time positions throughout Southwest VA and Southern West Virginia.
Community Resource Partners at this event include: The Farmacy Garden and Blacksburg/Christiansburg Farmer's Market, the Goodwill GoodCare Program, and the Community Health Center of the New River Valley.