Below please find updates as of 7 p.m., Tues., Mar. 17, 2020
- Effective 7 p.m., Mar 17, 2020, Montgomery County, the Town of Blacksburg, and the Town of Christiansburg declare local state of emergency.
- The Christiansburg Town Council cancels public meetings the of week of Mar. 16, 2020.
- The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office closes to public visitation through Mar. 31, 2020.
- The New River Health District issues a news release urging anyone who is exhibiting cold-like symptoms to please first call 540-267-8240.
- The New River Health District issues a statement on behalf of the Medical Reserve Corps seeking volunteers for COVID-19 emergency response.
- The Montgomery County Commissioner of Revenue suspends the completion of income tax returns Mar. 17-30, 2020.
- The Circuit Court Judge has entered an order closing the Clerk’s Office to the public from 1:00 p.m. on March 16, 2020, to April 6, 2020. Circuit Court Clerk’s staff will continue to be operational and will be available to respond to telephonic inquiries between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during this time. View the full memo from the Clerk's Office. View the notice of measures taken by the Clerk's Office from Mar. 16, 2020.