The Economic Development Authority of Montgomery County, Va., (EDA) will meet electronically on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021, at 12 p.m.
The EDA Board of Directors will hold its regular monthly meeting. The EDA will enter into a Closed Meeting for the purpose of Discussion concerning a prospective business or industry or the expansion of an existing business or industry where no previous announcement has been made of the business' or industry's interest in locating or expanding its facilities in the community. 1. Project 2021003, and, Project 2021004.
Declarations of Emergency have been made at all levels of government including Montgomery County. A disaster exists which requires the County to assure continuity of government for a period not to exceed six (6) months. During a declared disaster, the Code of Virginia requires and allows governing bodies to conduct their meetings in manners which are consistent with providing continuity of government and in a safe and healthy manner, and for the public safety, health and welfare of the Board of Directors of the EDA and all attendees/ interested parties consistent with open government.
The COVID-19 virus makes it impractical and unsafe for the Board of Directors of the EDA to physically assemble in one location. The virus also makes it impractical and unsafe, as well as potentially life threatening, for the public and the EDA staff to gather in the same location to participate in the scheduled meeting for the following items of business:
- Approval of August 3, 2020 Minutes
- Approval of October 6, 2020 Minutes
- Approval of November 10, 2020 Minutes
- Approval of December 15, 2020 Minutes
- Approval and Acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report
- To enter into a Closed Meeting for the purpose of Discussion concerning a prospective business or industry or the expansion of an existing business or industry where no previous announcement has been made of the business' or industry's interest in locating or expanding its facilities in the community.1.Project 2021003, and, Project 2021004.
- Discussion of Cares Act Funding
- Falling Branch Phase II Site Preparation
In an effort to meet the guidelines that have been outlined by both federal and state government public health and elected officials, the virtual meeting of the EDA can be viewed online at:
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kjZ1CGIPc or +1 646 558 8656 for Audio
Meeting ID: 832 4137 0704
The February 16, 2021, EDA meeting agenda can be viewed at: