Application Deadline: Nov. 9, 2020
Montgomery County and the Towns of Blacksburg and Christiansburg have established a grant fund to support a local restaurant’s ability to operate safely during COVID-19. One-time grants of up to $15,000 are being provided to support improvements that extend the outdoor dining season and/or expand dining capacity, creating a safe dining experience during the pandemic. The grant program is administered by all three localities, with funding provided by the 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
The Dining Expansion Grant is the fourth grant opportunity offered by the three localities in response to COVID-19. Funds may be used to create, expand, or enhance seating capacity (with a focus on outdoor seating) as a result of reduced seating capacity to conform to COVID-19 related health and safety standards. Expenses incurred before March 15; those reimbursed by other federal or state funds; or items not deemed ‘necessary’ are ineligible.
Need Help? Have Questions?
- Completion of the grant application outlining the use of funds by Nov. 9, 2020.
For full details, and to complete the online grant application, visit one of the following site:
- Maximum amount of grant is $15,000.
- One (1) grant per business establishment.
- All expenses must be incurred by Dec. 1, 2020.
- Grant distribution is scheduled to begin in Oct. or Nov. 2020, but the distribution timeline may vary depending on the locality administering the grant and on demand.
For more information:
Jennifer Tatum Harris
Public Information Director
Public Relations Director
Town of Christiansburg